Thursday 13 November 2008

My Trash To Treasures

Here is my "Trash To Treasures" book layout so far.  

I then began my sketches for the sketch page in the book. 

Mesh vegetable packaging, which can be turned into dish scrubbers. They are great for your pots and pans and don't scratch the lining!
There are so many uses for water bottles including creating a vase and a funnel! These are great ideas people gave me! The ideas can be endless sometimes!
a plastic stir fry container revamped into a coffee and coffee scoop holder! I also have one to put my spices in so that my cupboard doesn't get so messy.  

Many uses for glass honey and jam jars...candles. I love gather several glass jars of all sizes together and placing them on one table. I add tea lights to them and they look amazing! If I have spare time I paint little designs on them as well, for a fun look! 

I have one glass pasta jar, which is a taller jar,  I use for a toothbrush and toothpaste holder.

old newspaper, a few markers and there is a secret message wrapping paper!

apart from hanging clothes up, clothes pins are fabulous for keeping crisps, pasta, bread coffee and all sorts of food fresh. I like to paint my for a bit of sparkle. 

I began playing with different media to sketch on.....


I have been experimenting with my oil and charcoal pastels. They seem to really stand out on the brown cardboard...



More to come later. Stay tuned! 

No comments: