Wednesday 12 November 2008

My progress so far

I gathered all of my notes and findings so far and began my list of second-use items for my book. I also began my sketching for my book layout.

I also started working on my narrative and titles for my book. I came up with a few really cute titles as well as writing stories to go along with my findings. I am keeping it light and fun! It is NOT about lecturing people about recycling, but rather giving them tools and fun ideas about reusing every day items in their lives. It is the small things that add up right! 

I am currently working on my mock-ups for my book design. I started thinking about how I want my book design to look. 


I sketched a few thoughts out on paper, just to get warmed up...brainstorming really...I like the bold colors. 

I looked through magazines and gathered styles of type face I thought were interesting and colors that I felt fit the design of my book. I pasted them in a collage far later use. 






I started on a miniature mock of the book, which I used old newspaper cut out and taped and glued together. I am keeping in mind that my design process needs to be frugal as well. I want to play with different media to see what I can come up with for the design. I hope to use recyclable items like cardboard, newspaper, magazines, etc. to create my book. 

As far as the measurements of the book, I really like the 7" x 7" size thus far. I am still experimenting.





So far I am thinking about having a black and white photo of the item I am going to reuse on the first opened page. On the fold out page I want to add sketches of how the item will be used. On the inside page that is under the fold out page, I will have a final color photograph of the item "revamped" so to speak. The final page on the far right side will have interactive place so people can add their own uses for the items.  I like the idea of having black and white sketches and type face. As the page goes on to reveal the objects in steps there will be more color....I am still working on the ideas, but so far this is what i am working with.  


The front of the book



 


What the pages look like folded out...a work in progress of course.

No comments: