Sunday 15 February 2009

The conversation I recorded for my book- 






After getting all of my conversation down on paper I started breaking down the content and organizing the three different people in the conversation (Circles-me, stars- Natalia, G's- Gavin).

Thus far I feel that existing type is a better match than my hand-made type that I have been experimenting with the last week. It is much stronger and I have many ways in which I can manipulate the type to create my designs.

I started out using just Helvetica to see if I could create the three different 'voices' in the conversation using just one typeface. 








Because I have three different people with such different characters and styles, I then began using three different typefaces to see if I this would be another option. 




















I think I am going to use the three different style of typeface verses just one typeface. I am still working on my designs, but feel I can really have a lot more fun and energy in my book using existing type. 


(A sample of the poster book design I have 
been experimenting with, see physical design book 
layout blog, February 15, 2009)


2 comments:

NATKA said...

Hey
I like the last one a lot. It is so much fun! I think it is a great starting point!
nx

Mary Anne said...

Are you talking to me?...hehe :-)

Thank you! I am feeling a bit stumped at the moment, but still playing around. I do like the feeling of the last page as well...I will attempt to explain it more on Thursday. I need to print some of them out so I can have something in front of me to play around with a bit.

How are your plants coming along?...