Tuesday 9 December 2008

A hunt for treasure on a lovely Saturday morning


Last weekend my roommate told me about a vintage clothing sale on Saturday. She said people basicaly pay £20.00, get a bag and fill it up with whatever vintage clothing they can get inside. I thought that was brilliant. For a few pounds really I can come home with a whole bag of goodies!

We got there a bit late I would have to say...about 9:30 a.m. 

By the time we made our way to the end of the line, we had walked three city blocks.




I decided at that point I didn't need clothes that badly and headed back home empty handed.

My roommate stayed behind to wait in line. She later told me she ended up waiting over two hours, paid her money and didn't get a lot of clothing. She said she would be willing to do it again if she could get there really early in the morning. 

I thought it was wonderful that all those individuals were willing to wait in line for over two hours to get second use clothing! 

On my way home I did stop at my local second-hand shop. I found a nice little hooded jacket for £2.50 and an Oxford dictionary for £1.50! Happy days! 


1 comment:

Steve (My Dog Ate Art) said...

Good morning to you Mary Anne –- and greetings from Plymouth.

Not sure I’d queue that much for clothes – no matter how cheap – when ( back in the dim and distant past) I was a punk I couldn’t get enough of Oxfam shops though.

So - why am I contacting you ?

Well –I hope as an graphic designer / artist you will appreciate the idea behind the following -

In a somewhat random act of artistic interaction I have come across your blog next to mine at this point in cyberspace and time. Have a look at my blog – I have placed a link on it for your site – for a month or so - under the heading "My Dog Ate Blogs" – take a look.

Once you have had a look - if you fancy being a permanent part of this blog just say yes and I will put a permanent link for you on my site blog-roll - “My Dog Has Eaten These Blogs and Says Yum Yum” – I have regular visitors from 45 countries (and counting) and a good number of regular followers – again from all over the world -from Argentina via the USA to Indonesia – so if you like the idea of lots more people from all corners of the globe paying you a visit – come and join !

In return all I would like is a link somewhere on your site.

Have a look and see what you think.

By the way - if you want to print out any of my images - feel free - some are quite nice ( I hope) – just tell your friends where you found them – and remember a lot of my work is for sale.

Hope you find my site interesting as well.

Best wishes from Plymouth UK !

(Steve Clement-Large : My Dog Ate Art )