Friday 13 March 2009

Ok, I was talking with Natalia today during lunch about different designs for my typeface and we came up with some great ideas. We started talking about toys we played with as children. I got some really good ideas from the toy conversation. There is one I will post later.

We ended up talking about punching out holes in a paper with a hole puncher or taking the dots from making the holes in the paper and creating a typeface with it. She thought having a few different sizes of dots would look good, like several small dots for the lower "i" and one large dot for the dot.

I came home and started punching out holes from paper. I started laying out the dots so I could photograph them.

I went ahead and played on the computer for a bit to see what I could come up with. I think the photographs might be a bit more clustered in design, but I think this is a start to my experimenting....
























No comments: