Tuesday 10 March 2009


My book is about a conversation, which three people are involved. I started this book project using two existing typefaces, Bodoni and Helvetic. I then created a new typeface for one of the characters in my conversation. The more I worked on the page layouts and the more feedback I received I started designing yet another typeface. 



The first typeface I designed, (Gavin Bold Typeface)


Second typeface i designed (Mary typeface)




I designed this page with Bodoni typeface


I met with my classmates last week and received some very good information about my book design. Most people felt that I should experiment and go ahead with creating another typeface, so that the entire book is designed by me and my own typefaces. 

I thought it was a great idea and started to create another typeface for my third conversationist, Natalia.








 





I created this quick sketch style and started drawing it out on the computer today....



























2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Why am I not happy with this typeface. I think it is a start, but feel this is not what I am looking for in my third typeface. I need something a bit heavier maybe..?..

amelia said...

I do like the one you've drawn out...more so than the cut out ones. But I don't feel like it's the best you can do. That is to say, I think you could still go further in creating a typeface for her. Take a break and go back to it. I'm sure you can come up with something great!