Thursday 29 January 2009

Stage 2 Divergence

I ultimately want to design a self-promotional book that speaks something about me and myself as an evolving designer. I want it to be challenging. It should be diverse, informative, a real part of who I am as a designer/thinker, positive.

I have broken down my prior list of ideas and came up with two strong ideas:

1. Learning 

'Love and Marriage' what does love and marriage look like today?  

 A book about 'Love and Marriage' in different cultures. I would interview several different people in different cultures and find out the different culture, religious, traditions, and even medical views about marriage and love today.

A diverse group of people of all cultures, and informative tool to broaden knowledge of other cultures.

 

2. Communicating 

'Vision of a Day' a book design created from an audio recording of an entire day of conversations and encounters throughout my day. The concept is to record a day of events, encounters, conversations in a days time, to analyze the audio and to create a visual of what the events, etc. feel like and define the meaning visually. 

My audience is a wide range, teens, young adults,adults, people interested in the arts, creativity, communication, design.










No comments: